If you are vaccinated, not mandatory, please bring vaccination card with you.
Both the State of California and the Health Authorities of Plumas County, CA have cleared the way for “co-habitation” camping, which RYLA falls under because students share a cabin space. And while neither the state nor county is imposing any restrictions on us, we are working with our counterparts at Sierra Nevada Journeys on a best practice plan to ensure everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
That plan will include but not be limited to the following:
- Urging that students be transported by family members to and from RYLA as possible. If that is not possible, Rotary Clubs are urged to make certain that drivers are vaccinated and insist that all riders wear masks and follow the standard “two deep” practice (at least 2 adults if only one student, one adult ok if 2 or more students).
- Chartering 2 buses rather than 1 for each round trip to RYLA to maintain social distancing while travelling.
- Mandating that all RYLA staff members be vaccinated prior to the start of each session.
- Urging, but not mandating, that all RYLA students be vaccinated prior to the start of each session.
- An assurance that all SNJ staff will be vaccinated.
- Quick COVID-19 testing administered by the SNJ staff at the curb side as students arrive at no cost to the student.
- Additional no-cost testing during the week as deemed necessary if anyone exhibits COVID-19 symptoms.
- Immediate removal to a safe space of anyone who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms.
- Maintaining social distancing for all indoor activities including meals.
- Moving as many indoor activities to the outdoors as possible. SNJ has agreed to provide adequate outdoor lighting and sound system to accommodate those activities.
- Limiting physical contact among students via the use “pods”, wherein students stay with a small group for activities and sleeping accommodations and maintain distance from other pods.
- An assurance from SNJ that the Grizzly Creek environment will maintain the highest possible standards of cleanliness.